Supacell Power have been developed for less demanding applications despite the dominance of Alkaline batteries, Zinc Chloride batteries continue to maintain substantial growth within the battery market.
WITH 0% MERCURY AND CADMIUM, Supacell Power are ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLIER
- The battery cap is made of Zinc metal.
- The Carbon rod (Anode) is inserted into the cap so that the contact is very secure.
- The battery body (Cathode) is made of Zinc metal.
- This contains an electrolyte composed of Zinc Chloride (ZnCl2). This chemical compound generates the current for the batteries.
- There is an insulating material (normally PTFE commonly called Nylon) that separates the anode from the cathode.
There must be no contact between the “anode” and “cathode” in the battery unit. The circuit is made externally and the current flows through the whole circuit. The Zinc Chloride forms a weak acidic solution when it is mixed with water.